Articles & Press Releases
- Most Beautiful Lakes in Louisiana, January 2019 - January 01, 2019
- Storytime: Childhood in 1920s Cajun country - July 11, 2018
Beautiful article about Cecilia's own Mrs. Annie Calais
- Luisiana, con el auténtico sabor de la cultura cajun - July 09, 2018
Great article from Pierre Dumas in Argentina.
By Pierre Dumas
- The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer - July 03, 2018
Veer off the beaten path to small-town U.S.A. for the ultimate in summer fun.
By Ashlea Halpern
- An illustrated guide to crawfish - June 15, 2018
...The crawfish, which resembles a tiny lobster, is such an important part of Louisiana cuisine that lawmakers designated it the official state crustacean in 1983. Although there are no official statistics about how much of the shellfish is consumed in Louisiana, state producers say crawfish harvesting brings in roughly $120 million each year...
By Tafi Mukunyadzi
- Most Beautiful Places in America You Should See Before You Die - June 06, 2018
When you think of your bucket list, you probably envision yourself hopping on an international flight or circumnavigating the globe. But if you live in the United States, you don’t even need to dust off your passport to see some of the most beautiful places that we’d recommend everybody puts on their bucket list.
By Jess Bolluyt
- An Arnaudville family extends their nature reserve to the community - May 22, 2018
Brandon and Aurore Ballengee created"Atelier de la Nature, which is their little nature reserve, a nature center in Cecilia. This is a project started about a year and a half ago, with their main goal aiming to create a natural habitat for wildlife. But emphasis will also introduce educational events that involve food, science, music and real experimental for families.
By Justice Henderson
- The South’s Best Food Towns 2018 - May 15, 2018
Breaux Bridge placed 5th in the top Best Food Towns in the South as declared by Southern Living's South’s Best reader survey. The Best Food Town winners proved confirmation of their editors’ favorites.
By Hannah Hayes